The Office of Clinical Affairs encompasses the Department of Clinical Dentistry, the Division of Community Dentistry and Public Health, the pre-doctoral Group Practice Modules, the Simulation Clinic and the Business Office. The Office manages the functioning of all pre-doctoral dental, post-doctoral and dental hygiene clinics located within the College of Dentistry. It is responsible for:
- writing and administering clinical policies in conjunction with department Chairs and Post-doctoral Program Directors;
- establishment and implementation of clinic fees;
- maintaining and monitoring the standard of dental care provided by the college;
- working with the executive management team to participate in quality assurance activities and to assess and manage risk;
- faculty, student and staff compliance including licenses, certifications and mandatory trainings;
- creation of clinical schedules;
- patient advocacy and rights;
- management and security of patient records;
- management of the Business Office;
- clinical discipline and
- all matters relating to the functioning of the dental clinics.
In addition, the office serves as the liaison for college involvement with Extramural programs and clinics, externships and the Evening Dental Clinic. External programs such as Health Fairs, Clinical Board Certification Examinations for dental and dental hygiene students are all administered through the aegis of the Department of Clinical Dentistry.
The Department is staffed by the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs along with the Clinic Coordinator and Patient Advocate, a cadre of Dental Assistants, Dental Laboratory Technician, the Business Office staff and clinical staff personnel. Together they provide an array of services which allow for the functioning of the predoctoral, post-doctoral and dental hygiene programs.